Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thing 23

#23-Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end
Wow, is it possible that this is the final post for this series?? Amazing. This has been such an incredible assignment filled with a lot of discoveries. There has been a lot of learning these past weeks. Some weeks were easy, some a lot harder; but there has always been some new tidbit of information waiting to plop itself down in front of me. The website for Learning 2.0 is saved to my Favorites file and I am waiting for the chance to show bits and pieces of it to co-workers and friends who could use it for their jobs. It's not just for librarians! That's also a part of why I liked this so much; you don't have to be a librarian in order to understand things or get a lot out of the assignments. I also enjoyed listening to Helene speaking in her little minute and a half podcasts; I was able to glean a little bit more out of the assignment because of that. It was ironic that the one for the podcast assignment wasn't working when I was completing it. Such is life. The whole concept of blogs has been changed for me. Because I don't have a lot of time to sit in front of the computer and while away the hours (unless I'm typing a paper for class), I don't see blogs becoming a huge part of my life. That being said, the Blogline account will allow me to check in with my subscriptions and then get on with life quickly. The management of the blogs makes it a lot more attractive. Rollyo is still intruiging me. I have not had a chance to go back and play around with it some more, but I like the premisis. I am thinking of ways to incorporate it into my study skills/library skills class I am teaching. It probably won't get into the curriculum this year, but I'm sure I can squeeze it in some where next year.
If there are any other learning programs online like this one, I would definitely be interested in signing up. This one was so well done. I cannot think of a better way of doing it. My hat goes off to whomever put this one together. My only question is: how do I find one of these things on my own?

No comments:

Post a Comment