Monday, October 5, 2009

Explorations Week 4

This has nothing to do with the 23 Things, but I need to blow off some steam.
Our big assignment due this week is creating 16 citations using encyclopedias and dictionaries, both online and print. This does not sound like a horribly involved assignment. You find the sources, cite them and send them in, right? Wrong!
It has taken me 4 days to get everything formatted the same way. When I hit the "cite" button on the online resources, every site is different, even though it's all MLA. Then I look through my research toolkits from other classes and find that those are different from the citations I've already worked with. I never did find a way to cite on online dictionary.
I have a bad feeling about this one. It's been so long since I've had to do a works cited page that I'm beginning to forget how to do it. And now MLA is doing revisions, so the way I learned them is now obsolete. I feel like an idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment