Saturday, October 17, 2009

Things 8 & 9

#8--Bloglines and RSS feeds
This was an interesting assignment. I had done a little work with RSS feeds in my undergrad classes at Whitewater, but that was so long ago that I might as well have not done anything with them. As helpful as I can see them being, I am not at liberty to be online very much if it doesn't pertain to school or work. That is my life right now. And even now that I'm supposed to be keeping up with Bloglines, I don't. There is not enough time for me to get everything done on the most basic level, let alone those that are not on the syllabus or calendar. Maybe once I graduate I will have time to do other things. *snort* yeah right. It didn't take me too long to get back into the swing of things for the most part, but I still feel a little disconcerted about it all.
#9--Subscribing
I subscribed to quite a few RSS feeds for the assignment. I even managed to find our local paper and subscribed to the food section. Yum! New recipes on a weekly basis...it's a good thing (sorry, Martha, it was too perfect to pass up!) According to the assignment, I was to find some library blogs. I found Unshelved and promptly subscribed. As much as I love my job and am a professional, there are times with a little sarcasm and irony are just the thing I need. I also subscribed to The Shifted Librarian, Library Stuff, Resource Shelf, and Librarian.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment